Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Booking with Bosinver
These Terms and Conditions will become binding on You [the guest] and us [Bosinver Farm Cottages] when we confirm your booking by sending you a booking confirmation.
- We reserve the right to decline or accept a booking request.
- All bookings must be accompanied by a deposit (25% of the total cottage rental cost).
- The balance is due 2 months (62 days) before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made less than four weeks before the start of the holiday, the full amount is due immediately. If you fail to pay the balance on the due date we shall be entitled to cancel your booking and apply our cancellation provisions, set out below.
- We can only hold provisional bookings for two days. Check in time is 3pm on the day of arrival – please help us by not arriving before then. Please also let us know if you will be arriving after 6pm.
- Check out time is by 10am on the day of departure.
- Payments: You can pay the deposit for your holiday by cheque (made out to Bosinver Farm Cottages), debit card or bank transfer. Please note we do not currently accept credit card payments
- All our cottages are non-smoking.
- Electricity and Gas for the property is included in the rental price.
- Electricity for charging electric vehicles is not included in the rental price and you shall not charge an electric vehicle without our permission. We may charge an additional fee for this service. Please check with us at the time of booking.
- Bed linen is supplied but please note that linen/bedding for cots is not provided. There is an inventory in every cottage and fire safety instructions.
- Pets are only permitted in properties with a paw symbol against their description and by prior arrangement and payment. They must not be left in the cottage unattended or allowed on furniture or beds.
- We shall not be liable to you for any damage or loss to your property arising out of this contract by our acts or omissions.
- We may have to make minor changes to our facilities and some may be unavailable due to maintenance at any time so please enquire about their availability before you book with us
Your right to cancel the Booking
- When you book, you accept responsibility for the full cost of the holiday even if you are prevented from coming due to unforeseen circumstances and our cancellation provisions below will apply. We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance appropriate to your needs.
- You may cancel your booking at any time. Please let us know straight away if you have to cancel your booking.
- We shall only be liable to refund you the following percentages of the total price of the Booking, including extras. The amount we agree to refund you is dependent on how close your cancellation is to the start of your Booking. This is because we are less likely to recover the cost of your Booking by re-letting the Accommodation. The amount of any refund due therefore decreases as your arrival date approaches:
- Notice of cancellation received more than [one month] before your arrival date: 75% of the total cost
- Notice of cancellation received between [one week and one month] before your arrival date: 50% of the total cost
- Notice of cancellation received [one week or less] before your arrival date: 20% of the total cost
- You may request a change which will involve moving your booking and, if we agree to accommodate your request, you shall be responsible for any additional costs as a result. If you wish to change/amend your booking in that way an amendment fee of £20 (+VAT) will apply. Such changes made within 2 months of your holiday start date will be subject to the cancellation terms in the above section.
- We reserve the right to terminate this contract and cancel any bookings without further liability on our behalf if you breach a term of the contract between us.
- You shall not be entitled to a pro-rata refund if you vacate the accommodation before the end of your booking unless we breach the contract between us and do not correct the problem within a reasonable period.
- We may have to cancel the Booking due to the unavailability of key personnel or key facilities without which we cannot provide the Accommodation. If this happens:
- we will promptly contact you to let you know
- we may cancel the Booking and refund your payments, or offer alternative Accommodation and refund any payments for Accommodation not yet provided to you less the cost of alternative Accommodation
- if we offer alternative Accommodation you may still choose to cancel the Booking and we will refund the payments you have made to us.
- We may cancel the contract for Accommodation at any time with immediate effect if:
- you do not pay us when you are supposed to, or
- you are in breach of these Booking Terms and Conditions in any other material way and you do not remedy the situation within a reasonable period after we ask you to.
- If you do not arrive, or you have not notified us of a later arrival, before 12 pm on the day following the date on which your Booking commences we shall be entitled to cancel the Booking and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Events Outside our control
- We will make every effort to provide the Accommodation. However, we may be unable to do so due to an Event Outside Our Control.
- If an Event Outside Our Control affects the performance of our obligations under these Terms we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you:
- we may cancel your Booking and refund your payments, or
- provide alternative Accommodation of equivalent or higher standard or on alternative dates which you may choose to accept. If you do not we will refund your payments.
- We will not be liable for compensation, or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- We define Events Outside Our Control as any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic (inc. Coronavirus/Covid-19) or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
In booking you agree:
- To pay for any losses or damage to the property.
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the property is not left in a satisfactory condition. (You can select our Housekeeping service if you wish.)
- Not to part with possession of the property or share it with people not listed on the booking form.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description [and/or Booking Confirmation].
- To permit the owners or their agents reasonable access to the property.
- You may not transfer this booking to anyone else without our prior, written, agreement.
- We try to ensure our cottages are prepared and presented to the highest standard so our guests will enjoy their holidays here. If there is anything missing, a problem or cause for complaint please let us know immediately and every effort will be made to assist you. It is frustrating for all parties if you write after your holiday about a problem we could have solved at the time.
- Governing Law – the contract embodied in the booking is governed by English law and jurisdiction of English courts