Dog Friendly Breaks
There's so much at Bosinver for four legs to explore!
Here at Bosinver we completely understand that you dog is part of your family, so we want to make sure you all – including the furry ones – are made as welcome as possible.
What better place to take your dog?
Cornwall is a wonderful place to have a break with your dog – especially in Autumn, Winter and Spring when the weather is a little cooler and more beaches are available to enjoy together.
We have 9 dog-friendly cottages set in over 30 acres of meadows and woodland for you all to explore and we are only a 10 minute drive from some of Cornwall’s beautiful dog friendly beaches.*
Our dog friendly facilities include:
- A doggy wash for muddy paws
- Treats and poo bags available from reception
- A secure kennel and local dog sitting services if you need to go out for a while without your canine companion
- Guides to the best dog friendly days out and places to visit
- Over 30 acres on-site of fields and woodland and plenty of recommendations for wonderful dog walks.
*Please note: some beaches welcome dogs all year round, others have a seasonal or time restricted ban – for the latest on this and many other recommendations for the best days out on Cornwall for dog lovers see the comprehensive Dog Friendly Cornwall’s website
We’ve also got an excellent book of tried and tested Cornish dog walks written by the owner of a lovely dalmatian called Toby. Just ask in the office if you’d like to borrow it.
Do let us know if you have any queries relating to staying at Bosinver with your dog – we will do our best to help.
Bringing your dog to Bosinver – the details
If you book one of our dog-friendly cottages (shown with a paw print symbol) you can bring one large or two small dogs with you. Please let us know in advance so we can make sure we can give your canine companion a suitable welcome when you arrive. There is a charge of £40 per dog per week (or part week).
Please note that dogs aren’t allowed in any of our cottages during the Whitsun half term week or the main school summer holidays – we know that you will have a much more enjoyable holiday with your dog outside the main busy season. We also regret that we cannot accept puppies under one-year-old at any time due to the potential risk of damage to furnishings.
There are walks across the fields down to the lake and village where dogs can run free, but please keep them on a lead if there is livestock around. All our cottages have their own private outdoor space, but please note that they aren’t enclosed or gated. As we’ve got free range chickens and ducks roaming around the farm, please keep your dog on a lead around the cottages.
Please bring your dog’s bowls and basket with you and some towels to wipe their feet with – we have a dog wash station for washing any mud of your pooch after a lovely walk.
Each of the dog friendly cottages has a porch (or in the case of the Farmhouse, a tiled kitchen) and we are happy for you to leave dogs in their dog crates in the the porch, but otherwise please don’t leave dogs on their own in your cottage. If you have to go out without them, we’ve got a kennel enclosure where you can leave them safely with us for a few hours, or you can get in touch with a local pet-sitter (best to book in advance).
You may also find the following information useful:
- Pelyn Veterinary Group, 8 King’s Ave, St Austell, PL25 4TT 01726 68177
- Churchend Vets, Trevarthian Road, St Austell, PL25 4BH 01726 72095 Out of hours emergencies: 01208 873727
- Penmellyn Vets 54a Holmbush Rd, St Austell, PL25 3LQ 01726 77777 Emergencies: 01637 880307 (Linked to Penmellyn Veterinary hospital at St Columb)
- Vets 4 Pets, Pets at Home, Pentewan Rd, St Austell PL25 5BU 01726 626820
Pet sitters and dog walkers
- Park Your Paws Doggy daycare 07970 203707
- 4 Paws Pet Care Dog walking and daycare 07873 596565
- Waggy Tails Pet Care Doggy days out 07808 035270
- Ruff Walkers Cornwall offering walks for your dog 07751 683536
Dog food and supplies
Should you need extra food or doggy related things while you are staying, you should find what you need at one of the following places:
- Griggs Pendennis, Lower Sticker, St. Austell PL26 7JH 01726 65656. Just a short distance from Bosinver, MA Griggs have everything from dog bowls and beds to food, toys and treats.
- Pets at Home Unit 2B Pentewan Retail Park, Pentewan Road, St Austell PL25 5BU 01726 66396
Every member of the
family is welcome
With over 30 acres of woodland and farmland to explore here and some fantastic dog friendly beaches nearby, your pooch will have the best holiday at Bosinver!
The very latest from the bosinver team
Action Nan and the rest of the team are always busy writing posts that we think you’ll like – from top tips on where to take the kids, to what’s likely to be going on in the local area when you stay – we’ve got it all in our blog!