Dog Friendly Breaks
What better place to take your dog?
Cornwall is a wonderful place to come on holiday with your dog and we are very dog friendly here at Bosinver!
Our 10 dog-friendly cottages are set in more than 30 acres of meadows and woodland for you and your companions to explore and we are only a 10 minute drive from some of Cornwall’s beautiful dog friendly beaches. (Please note: some beaches welcome dogs all year round, others have a seasonal or time restricted ban – for the latest information see Dog Friendly Cornwall’s website with all things dog friendly in the county here and this great guide to year round dog friendly beaches from Dog Friendly Cornwall)
Here at Bosinver we completely understand that you dog is part of your family, so if there is anything we can help with, please call us in advance or ask at the office while you are here.
Our dog friendly facilities include:
- A doggy wash for muddy paws
- Treats and bags to clear up after your dog (available from reception)
- A secure kennel and local dog sitting service — you can leave your dog in our secure kennel or we can put you in touch with a local dog sitter if you need to go out
- Guides to dog friendly days out, walks, beaches and places to eat
- Over 30 acres of woodland and fields for wonderful walks.
Please note that dogs aren’t allowed in any of our cottages during the Whitsun half term week or the main school summer holidays, simply due to the fact that we have found dog owners have a much better holiday outside of this very busy season in Cornwall. We also regret we cannot accept puppies under one-year-old at any time due to the potential risk of damage to furnishings.
We have numerous recommendations for dog friendly beaches, gardens, walks and days out on our blog and another great source of information and news of dog friendly events can be found on the Dog Friendly Cornwall website.
We’ve also got an excellent book of tried and tested Cornish dog walks written by the owner of a lovely dalmatian called Toby. Just ask in the office if you’d like to borrow it.
Most of all, we hope that you all have a wonderful time.
Bringing your dog to Bosinver – the details
If you book one of our dog-friendly cottages (shown with a paw print symbol) you can bring one large or two small dogs with you. Please let us know in advance so we can make sure we can give your canine companion a suitable welcome when you arrive. There is a charge of £40 per dog per week (or part week).
There are walks across the fields down to the lake and village where dogs can run free, but please keep them on a lead if there is livestock around. All our cottages have their own private outdoor space, but please note that they aren’t enclosed or gated. As we’ve got free range chickens and ducks roaming around the farm, please keep your dog on a lead around the cottages.
Please bring your dog’s bowls and basket with you and some towels to wipe their feet with – there’s a hosepipe for washing your dog outside after muddy walks.
Each of the dog friendly cottages has a porch (or in the case of the Farmhouse, a tiled kitchen) and we are happy for you to leave dogs in their dog crates in the the porch, but otherwise please don’t leave dogs on their own in your cottage. If you have to go out without them, we’ve got an enclosure where you can leave them safely with us for a few hours, or we can put you in touch with a local pet-sitter. It is often best to book this in advance if you can.
Here’s some additional doggy information which you may find useful – vets, pet sitters, dog walkers and places where you can find dog food and supplies while you are staying at Bosinver
- Pelyn Veterinary Group, 8 King’s Ave, St Austell, PL25 4TT 01726 68177
- Churchend Vets, Trevarthian Road, St Austell, PL25 4BH 01726 72095 Out of hours emergencies: 01208 873727
- Penmellyn Vets 54a Holmbush Rd, St Austell, PL25 3LQ 01726 77777 Emergencies: 01637 880307 (Linked to Penmellyn Veterinary hospital at St Columb)
- Vets 4 Pets, Pets at Home, Pentewan Rd, St Austell PL25 5BU 01726 626820
- Park Your Paws Doggy daycare 07970 203707
- 4 Paws Pet Care Dog walking and daycare 07873 596565
- Waggy Tails Pet Care Doggy days out 07808 035270
Dog food and supplies
Should you need extra food or doggy related things while you are staying, you should find what you need at one of the following places:
- Griggs Pendennis, Lower Sticker, St. Austell PL26 7JH 01726 65656. Just a short distance from Bosinver, MA Griggs have everything from dog bowls and beds to food, toys and treats.
- Pets at Home Unit 2B Pentewan Retail Park, Pentewan Road, St Austell PL25 5BU 01726 66396