A stay at Bosinver is always magical, but sprinkle some of the pre-Christmas excitement into the mix and you will be guaranteed a wonderful time at Bosinver.
There are so many festive events happening in Cornwall this year, it’s tricky to decide what to do. To make it a little easier for you, we have created a list of 7 unmissable events over the coming weeks for you to choose from to get in the Christmas spirit when holiday in Cornwall.
1. Mousehole Harbour Lights – Since 1963 Mousehole village have illuminated their harbour from mid-December until early January almost every year. Its worth noting that on 19th December, all lights except the Millennium Cross, the Cross and Angels and the cross on the Penlee Lifeboat Station are switched off in memory of the Penlee Lifeboat crew who lost their lives on the same date in 1981. There is a team of volunteers work tirelessly year after year to create and maintain the displays, donations both online and when visiting are encouraged.
2. The magical Heligan Night Garden experience is on from 17th November and runs until 2nd January 2024. Explore Heligan like never before by wandering through the illuminated trail that will delight adults and kids alike. The Lost Gardens of Heligan can be found just a 10-minute drive from your cosy cottage. Tickets are £16.50 for an adult, £8.50 for children and under 5’s are free. I recommend booking this popular event early as tickets usually sell out fast.
3. Watch a festive theatre show. Based in the heart of St Ives Kidz R Us theatre is an award-winning youth theatre company that work with 100 children, teens, and young adults a year producing shows to rival those in the West End. This Christmas watch the incredibly talented cast take to the stage for an adaptation of Disney’s Frozen, which will include favourites such as “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?,” and “Let It Go,” as well as wonderful new songs from the Broadway production. With its empowering message of love and understanding, Frozen JR. is sure to melt your heart! Choose from a matinee or evening show from Wednesday 20th December to Friday 22nd. Tickets are now on sale from £15 per person through their website. This year’s Christmas show at the Hall for Cornwall in Truro is Peter Pan JM Barrie’s timeless coming-of-age adventure, starring Edward Rowe (Kernow King) as Captain Hook. Stuffed full of pesky pirates, freewheeling fun and a gaggle of lost boys, take flight with Peter, Wendy and of course Tinkerbell too! Tickets are on sale now, with shows through December up until New Years eve.
4. A Christmas Market is the perfect opportunity to tick a few more gifts off the Christmas list. In its seventh year, Healey’s Cyder Farm Festive Weekends are a popular choice amongst locals and visitors in Cornwall. The team transform the farm into a fairy tale world of mulled cyder and hearty food, Christmas songs, and crafts. The Market is open every weekend from 11th November – 17th December 2023.
Other popular Cornish Christmas Markets worth visiting include:
• Fowey Christmas Market – A Truly Festive Christmas Experience – Friday 8th December – Sunday 10th December
• Charlestown Christmas Market – Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th November
• Padstow Christmas Festival – Thursday 7th – Sunday 10th December
5. Journey through the Tunnel of Lights at the Shipwreck Treasure Museum in Charlestown. Discover a snowy winter wonderland, a room filled with giant-coloured baubles and the UK’s longest tunnel of indoor festive lights. Tickets for this popular event can be booked online, with prices from £14.50 for an adult and £10.50 for children.
6. Celebrate Christmas at the Eden Project with an immersive music and lights experience. The gardens surrounding the biomes are usually decorated for the festive season where it comes into its own at night for this immersive event. Remember to book a 40 minute Ice Skating session where the whole family can glide around their impressive ice rink. Book you visit online at www.edenproject.co.uk
Enjoy a festive getaway in Cornwall
If you would like a festive getaway to experience the Cornish magic at this time of year then we’d love to see you. We’ve got a selection of last minute cottages available over the coming weeks to choose from. We have won many awards including Visit England award for Family Friendly accommodation on the year – find out more and check availability.
*subject to availability