It’s no secret, June is Nanny Pats favourite time of year – Cornwall is bursting with colour, the days a long and the weather is (usually) up to a balmy 17 degrees!
Here are Nanny Pats 5 reasons why she loves Cornwall in June
- Cornwall is quieter – shops, eateries, car parks and road have a lot less people about than the peak season
- The weather is (usually) warm and sunny with temperatures creeping to the high teens.
- The county is a sea of colour with beautiful flowers like foxglove, Stichwort, valerian, poppies, buttercup in the Cornish countryside and in the meadows of Bosinver
- Time to see all kinds of wildlife, like swallows and frogs or take a boat trip off the Cornish coast and you might just be lucky enough to catch a pod of dolphins
- There are always several popular events taking place in June like Royal Cornwall Show, he ever popular Eden Sessions and Falmouth Sea Shanty Festival
Shhh, don’t tell everyone, the locals like to keep it a secret just how special it can be in the early summer.