Although we’ve been basking in the sunshine the last few days, all the signs of autumn are upon us, and it won’t be long until the October half term holidays.
We’ll be having our own annual Pumpkin Party at Bosinver, and there are all sorts of fun-packed events and spooky goings on around Cornwall to keep the kids (both big and little) amused.
Here are our top recommendations:
1. The Eden Project is renowned for its inspired children’s activities. Half-term activities take place from Saturday 22 – Sunday 30 October. Visit the Wishcraft Tent for magical things to make and do and get some tips on how to carve your own Halloween pumpkin. Or why not take a spin on the ice skaing rink? The Little Monsters’ Ball is a spook-tastic fancy dress disco for the whole family (28/29 October, 6-9pm).
2. Head to Paradise Park, near Hayle for Halloween in the Jungle! As well as hundreds of different animals and a popular indoor play area, they’ve got some special spooky events going on…
3. The National Maritime Museum in Falmouth is always popular with kids and adults alike, and is a good wet weather option. Their ‘Horrible Halloween Happenings’ include themed craft workshops and a ghostly trail. Dare you follow it?
4. The National Trust always puts on some good seasonal events for children during the school holidays, and this October’s no different. Our guests rave about Lanhydrock, Trelissick and Glendurgan (all within easy driving distance). Take a look at their events page to find out more.
5. Discover some of Pendennis Castle’s darker secrets and be enthralled by ghastly tales on as you follow the Halloween Family Fun Trail.
If you’re looking for more ideas for things to do as a family over half term, we recommend the Days Out With the Kids website. And you fancy having a car-free day out, why not take a look at our ’50 things to do without a car from Bosinver’ guide?