Preparing for a family holiday with babies and toddlers in tow can be overwhelming. We have put together a list of hacks that will help you prepare for your trip and your holiday at Bosinver. Don’t panic Mr Mannering, help is on hand ………..
1. Packing. Many of our guests say they love their Bosinver trips because they don’t have to overload their cars as we provide virtually everything babies and toddlers need…… From bumbos to booster seats, blackout blinds to baby monitors, sterilisers to stair gates and much much more – we’ll have it here for you at no extra charge. Just read our list of things to borrow and add to your booking.
2. Plan your journey to make frequent stops at child friendly venues (read my recent blog for more!) and maybe stay overnight to make the distance manageable for children who don’t travel that well.
3. Book a supermarket delivery for the evening of your arrival. Cornwall has most of the major supermarkets or you might like to try Polgooth stores, our lovely village shop. They deliver and are also only a 10 minute walk down the lane from Bosinver.
4. Order some home made frozen meals from Hannah so you don’t have to worry too much about cooking. She will deliver to your freezer and everything can be cooked from frozen in 40 minutes.
5. Book your baby sitters early and have a well earned night out at one of our excellent local pubs or restaurants.
6. Arrange a massage or beauty treatment with one of our local therapists..They will come to your cottage or our therapy room to treat you.
7. Pre book the pool for private sessions for your family and arrange a swimming lesson for your little ones with our excellent teacher Dawn.
8. Browse through our extensive list of blogs for lots of ideas for days out before you come. You can delve into Nanny Pat’s book when you’re here for even more!
9. Don’t plan to do too much! The most stressed out parents are the ones who are chasing around in the car, trying to see everything in one trip.. The children will love the slow pace of the farm, the soft play, the Gruffalo trail and the Wendy house and playgrounds – you may find that you spend half your holiday here around feed times and naps but with some very happy and contented children. Bliss……
We hope you find this useful but remember- if you’ve forgotten anything other than your child, we will probably have it here for you to borrow – just ask…