Christmas and New Year are ideal times for getting away with family and friends. From spectacular Christmas lights to winter festivals, craft shows and a huge range of family friendly events, why not indulge yourselves and celebrate Christmas in Cornwall this year?
We have a range of individually designed superbly equipped cottages which sleep between 4-12 people. Each year, we decorate them ready for the festive season – leaving you free to focus on making the most of your time together.
Top 10 tips for how to make the most of a family Christmas in Cornwall
1. Remember you don’t have to do everything together – plan for some time together as well as time apart.
2. Rediscover classic board games like Cluedo and Monopoly, family favourites like charades and ‘Who am I’. Choose a mix of games the whole family can get involved in and some for adults or kids only. Traditional party games also go down well at Christmas too!
3. There’s plenty to do indoors at Bosinver, so don’t worry if the weather’s not perfect. We’ve got a baking box you can borrow with all the kit you’ll need to get creative in the kitchen with the kids. And don’t forget to bring your cozzie! Our heated indoor swimming pool is ideal for an afternoon splash with the kids.
4. Plan a treasure hunt or scavenger hunt that everyone can join in with.
5. We have a cupboard bursting with DVD’s to borrow – there’s even some festive classics. If not, be sure to bring your logins for your TV subscription accounts as all our TV’s are smart.
6. Come prepared so you can make the most of the outdoors – wellies, waterproofs, hats and gloves are a must in December.
7. Gather a few ideas for things to see and do in Cornwall in advance – take a look at the Explore the area page on our website and visit our blog for some of our recommendations for the best child friendly days out.
8. Many attractions run special activities for families over the Christmas holidays. Head to the Eden Project and go skating on the magical winter wonderland ice rink, say hello to Father Christmas and listen to live storytelling. Or how about a trip on a steam train and an opportunity to meet Santa with Bodmin and Wenford Railway? They’re running atmospheric Santa by Steam trips throughout December.
9. Book dinner reservations in advance – many places get booked up early. Our local, the Polgooth Inn, is 15 minute walk (or a short drive/taxi ride). They’ve got a huge menu using locally sourced produce and come highly recommended by all our guests!
10. If you’re staying over Christmas, don’t forget your stocking! Father Christmas will know where to find you.
Alternatively, if you fancy a pre-Christmas break, there’s plenty going on in Cornwall throughout December, including a range of Christmas markets and festivals.
While we can’t guarantee a white Christmas, a festive break in Cornwall is one you’ll remember for years to come.
Find out more about festive breaks at Bosinver and book your stay